We know that you are excited to receive your order as soon as possible, and we’re excited to send it! Unfortunately, due to the current unpredictability of shipping, we are pleased to be able to provide some you some peace of mind by offering Route Package Protection. This insurance option is available to add your order at checkout for a small additional fee, so please remember to select that option by clicking the toggle to ON at checkout. We highly recommend it to protect your order in case of loss, theft, or damage, it’s so worth it!
We hope you never have a shipping or delivery issue, but if you do, below are some examples along with the appropriate contacts to reach out to for assistance.
If your package arrives damaged, is lost in transit, stolen, or the delivery status shows "delivered" but you can't find your package, follow these simple steps:
If you purchased Route Package Protection:
- Start a claim or report an issue with Route by clicking here. Provide your order number and email address, and Route will assist you further. It’s that easy, they take it from there!
- We are here to help: If you encounter any difficulties with Route or submitting your claim, please text us at (646) 257-2810 or email us at email@example.com with your order number, and we'll help you submit the claim.
If you did not purchase Route Package Protection:
- File a claim directly with the shipping carrier (FedEx, UPS, or USPS) using the provided links.
- If your claim is approved, please submit this form, text us at (646) 257-2810, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will be happy to reimburse you for the order total or send you a replacement, whichever you prefer.
- If your claim is not approved by the carrier, we regret that we won't be able to assist you further. This highlights why we highly recommend purchasing Route Package Protection.
*Please note that neither Colugo nor shipping carriers will reimburse for stolen goods post-delivery. In these unfortunate cases, we recommend that you:
File a Police Report:
You will need to reach out to your local police department to submit a police report. Some departments offer this option online, but you will need to check with your local department to determine their preferred process.
File a Claim with your Credit Card:
Some credit cards offer purchase protection which would reimburse you for any stolen items if you used their credit card to purchase. You will want to check with your credit card company's website to check for coverage information and file a claim.
Still have questions? Not a problem, please text us at (646) 257-2810 or email us at email@example.com we are always happy to help!